Ultrasound diagnosis is the examination of human internal organs using ultrasound waves. It helps to find the disease of internal organs, glands, and blood vessels.
Consult the doctor of ultrasound diagnostics if you have these symptoms:
- feeling heavy after eating;
- bitterness in the mouth;
- increased level of gas formation;
- abdominal pain;
- back pain;
- breast pain or discomfort;
- the feeling of tightness in the neck;
- painful urination.
How to prepare for ultrasound?
- For the pelvic examination, your bladder should be full. The breasts' ultrasound should be done from 5 to 14 days of the menstrual cycle.
- For the bladder examination, your bladder should be full.
- It is not necessary to prepare for the diagnosis of the thyroid gland, salivary glands, lymph nodes, kidneys, and joints.
For the ultrasound examination of the abdominal cavity, your stomach should be empty.
For results to be more precise, give up these foods in three days: bread and beans; sweets; sparkling water; alcohol; coffee and juice; raw fruits and vegetables.
If you have problems with digestion and gas formation, take activated charcoal, Espumisan or enzymes. If you are constantly taking the medicine, inform your doctor.